- To provide a happy, safe and stimulating environment where each child can reach their full potential whilst working at their
- To help support children emotionally by listening to them, by offering them the appropriate activities for them to deal with
their emotions and by giving language and explanation for children to cope with their feelings.
- To encourage the development of independence, to allow freedom within clearly defined limits and to promote good self image
and feelings of security.
- To help children be aware of different cultures and communities and to provide positive images and experiences.
- To promote inclusive practice with the pre-school to include staff, children and their families and to provide a curriculum
that meets the needs of the whole community, taking into consideration the needs of those with special educational needs and disabilities.
- To foster good relationships and a welcoming atmosphere for all parent/carers and family members.
- To cater for a child’s all round developmental needs including their social, physical, intellectual and emotional
- To assist in the children’s transition to school.